I met my friend An for coffee on Friday after having to reschedule since I was home for Mammaw's funeral when we were supposed to meet earlier in the week. She asked me how I was doing, and I talked about how my grandmother was a believer, so that provides a lot of comfort. Selfishly, I'm sad that I can't pick up the phone and talk to her anymore and that she'll never know our kids. When I'm not being selfish, though, I'm happy for her. She's with Jesus in heaven. She's perfectly happy and has no pain.
Talking about this allowed me to be able to share the gospel with her fully as well as my testimony. I also drew out Romans Road image of a cross bridging man to God and shared a few verses to go with it. I told her this was a decision my grandmother made, and now she is in heaven with God. An said she'd like to go to heaven and that she saw a change in her sister when she became a believer. She also said she'd like to be able to forgive people and love others like I can because of Jesus. She said she thinks this is something she should do and wants to do, but she needs to think about it more first.
I shared with her how to pray and what to pray to become a Christian. I said she could do this at home by herself or she could call me and we could pray together if she decides she wants to become a Christian after she's thought about it more. She hugged me, and we made plans to meet again soon.
A few hours later, Jonathan and I met our neighbors to go to a Christmas production at a mega church near our apartment. The play was well-done, and our neighbors both loved it. They heard and understood the gospel message. Jonathan talked to the husband and I talked to the wife as we walked to a restaurant for dinner afterwards. We were able to share a lot more with them. We genuinely love this couple, and they have turned into our best friends here. Pray that they believe in Jesus before they return to their country a few days after Christmas.
All of this made me realize my grandmother's legacy. I would not have the family I have without her--a family who loves and serves Jesus. I would not be doing what I'm doing without her influence. I would not have had the opportunity to share with these three people without being able to share why I have joy and peace and hope in the face of my grandmother's death. My grandmother might not meet my children face-to-face, but she'll get to meet my spiritual children one day. I can't help but think that they might hug her and thank her for her story that they were able to hear.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.