We want to be people of prayer. We want to seek God's face in everything. We know that we cannot do anything worthwhile here on our own; it has to be through the power of the Holy Spirit. And the only way we will know where God is working and receive his power to join him is through prayer.
Through talking to him often. about everything.
And to listen.
If I just talked to my husband once or twice a day super quick, repeating almost the same thing each time--only asking for things--our relationship wouldn't be too healthy. Especially if I didn't give him time to talk back.
That is not how I want my conversations to be with him. That is definitely not how I want my conversations and relationship to be with God.
So here's a couple of things I've been trying to deepen my prayer life. And I've been enjoying them. Maybe you'll like them too.
I pray through this prayer wheel (that someone else created). I spend 5+ minutes praying through each topic on the prayer wheel. I start with praise and go clockwise until I end with praise. It's been refreshing.
I've also been praying back through the Lord's Prayer. Taking each phrase one-by-one and using it as a model to pray in my own words. Then I move on to the next phrase until I've finished the prayer. We actually talked about this with our family group recently & I've been helping a friend who's a new believer learn to pray using this. At the end of our group, we did this together, and it was such a wonderfully refreshing time of prayer together.
So that's what we're learning. And that's what we're growing in. We want to be people who hear God's voice and respond. We want to go to God for everything--to truly be desperate to talk to him and hear from him.
Because otherwise, why are we here? What can we hope to do without our amazing God?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.