Thursday, October 25, 2012

Making Conversation

Wow! God is amazing. I (Bethany) prayed and asked for two opportunities to share my story today--one with my neighbor I've spent some time with and the other with a new person. God answered that prayer. After class today, I met my neighbor for tea. She shared with me more about what she believes, and I was able to share some of what I believe.

She invited me to go to a workout class with her at our gym tonight. I was already going out to meet one of my classmates, so we both decided to go to the class. Before the class, though, we stopped by a coffee shop with Jonathan. Jonathan met an Ethiopian pastor, and I was also able to talk a bit to a Chinese college student. While I did not get to the point of exchanging numbers or talking about anything spiritual, she did tell me she goes to that coffee shop a lot and that they had some language meet up groups there.

At the class, we met M., a woman from India, who has lived here for 2 years. She lives near us, so Jonathan and I walked most of the way home with her. She is a Catholic. I was able to share my story with her--that although I grew up in a Christian home, I did not become a believer until I realized that going to church and reading my Bible wasn't enough to be a Christian--that I had to make a personal decision to follow Christ--to commit my life to Him. We also talked about Bible studies in the area. I told her about mine in New Orleans and what it meant to me. She didn't know of any in the area and hasn't been part of one here. We exchanged numbers, and we made plans to meet at the exercise class next Thursday. Pray that she might want to be part of a Bible study with us here. 

Jonathan had a great time on Tuesday night with our friend K. They went to a Turkish coffee bar and got to talk a little about spiritual things. Pray that Jonathan is able to continue this conversation and connect him to some believers from his people group who live here permanently. 

Pray for more conversations like these!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.